Co‐financed by the European Regional Development Fund of the European Union and Greek national funds through the Operational Program Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, under the call 'CLUSTERS OF INNOVATION /COIs' (project code: ΓΓ1CL-0057722)
UNISYSTEMS, leveraging the invitation "Collaborative Innovation Clusters (CIC)" - 1st Call: "Beneficiary" - Call Code 026ΚΕ - O.P. Serial Number 3875, proceeded with the funding and support for the establishment and initial operation of the Collaborative Innovation Cluster named Pleiades IoT Innovation Cluster. The cluster aims to promote technological innovation in the Internet of Things (IoT) through coordinated efforts of its members.
The approved project's title is "Collaborative Innovation in the Internet of Things (IoT)," with the project code being GG1CL-0057722. The project's purpose was to foster strategic and operational cooperation among entities, organizations, and companies operating both in Greece and the rest of Europe. The total investment budget for the project was €425,440.00, with €219,620.00 of it being public expenditure co-financed by the Greek Government and the European Union, specifically the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The Pleiades IoT Innovation Cluster consists of research centers, universities, large companies, SMEs with specialized expertise, and startups, each playing a significant role in the ecosystem through a wide range of collaborations.
The connected members of the Pleiades IoT Innovation Cluster act as a stakeholder, completing projects in national and regional research and innovation sectors to develop programs and initiatives submitted to the Horizon 2020 Framework Program, European Structural and Investment Funds, and other Greek and European initiatives.Indicative expected results of the project:
- Creation of new job positions for scientific personnel.
- Establishment of a unified collaboration platform in the IoT sector in Greece, involving Large Companies, SMEs, Startups, Research Entities, and Universities.
- Enhancement of competitiveness in both European and international markets, primarily for SMEs and Research Institutions.
- Generation of new technical expertise through IoT research, facilitated by the operation of the SmartLab.
- Design and production of innovative IoT products/services based on national needs and international markets.
- Improvement of quality of life, sustainability indicators, and resource conservation, as well as the national economy through technology export and process optimization.
- Creation of a Technology Library and provision of training for professionals in the private and public sectors in Greece.